If you have wrinkled clothes, you iron them. Think of the exercise foam rollers as the iron for wrinkled muscles. Sometimes, muscles too gets wrinkled by tightness, pain and overstretching and the best way to bring it back to its original looseness is to use cheap foam rollers. Golfers too experience tight muscles and they too can experience the benefits of fitness foam rollers. With proper instructions, its not hard for golfers to adapt to this beneficial workout regimen.
Foam Rollers and Golf
There are a few things that you may not know about golf that is related to fitness foam rollers. Playing golf, just like any other sports can be tiring to the muscles and cause stress to the player. When done for an extended period – and it usually is – this can cause problems like over fatigue. To address this, you can use foam rollers. Here are a few things that relates the two:
- The swing just like any form of activity can create micro-tears in the muscles which will result in swelling which can impinge on nerves and vessels. Over and extended period, this can result in scar tissue and adhesion. With the use of foam rollers, this adhesion and scarring can be smoothed out increasing blood circulation in the area.
- Even golfers experience pain in the IT band. This is the connective tissue extending from the outside of the hips to the outside of the knee. But since this is not a muscle, it’s not possible to stretch it. The best you can do is massage it with a foam roller.
- Most golfers who have experienced the benefits of foam rolling only work out the front part of the quad group. They forget that the quad is actually composed of four muscles. With the use of cheap foam rollers, you can reach out this hard to reach muscles and massage them too.
- Golfers also suffer pain in the abductors. These are the muscles in the inner thigh. Some resort to massage but the ticklish feeling in this areas make it less effective. With the use of foam rollers, you can massage this area without feeling tickled since you are the one controlling the pressure.
- The swing can also injure the hip external rotators. These are the muscles responsible for turning out your hips. This motion is common in the swing and that’s why you usually feel the pain in the hip area. You can keep this muscle group healthy by a regular massage using the foam rollers.
These are some of the ways a foam roller can be useful to golfers in keeping their muscles loose. Its easy to try and foam rollers are cheap to buy. This simple log of foam can have tremendous benefits and its amazing that its not expensive. Where else can you find a beneficial thing these days at too low a price? Go buy your foam roller now.